The Dog Blog of a Sharp Eagle (Shar Pei / Beagle) Mix

Friday, November 7, 2008

Trip to the Vet and Nails Done

These were taken right after my bath a few days ago. I still hate baths, but at least mom's pretty quick about it. Don't I look naked without my collar on?

After a Bath
After a Bath

When mom got home yesterday, instead of taking me to the park, she took me to the vet to get my 6 month Bordetella shot. I was very good, besides a little shaking, I stood still and didn't make a peep when the tech gave me the shot. Then, to add on the trauma, she took me to get my nails filed at a dog boutique on the way home. Mom should have taken before and after pictures, because they look so much better now! (You can see how long they had gotten again on my "Do I have something on my face" post.) When mom adopted me, my nails were really overgrown, and my dew claws had never been cut. Now, she's been having to take me regularly just to get them back to a decently short length. Mom bought one of those nail grinders to try to do at home, but I move around too much and won't let her use that thing on me.

To make it up to me, mom took me on a long walk when we got home. Afterwards, I climbed up on mom's bed and slept for a few hours. Mom said the shot must have made me extra tired.

10 comments:

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Blimey, Shar-pei X Beagle! I bet you're a stubborn little thing?! Very cute though xx

Lois Lane/Laney said...

How'd you guess?! bol
Thanks! Mom says I have the cutest features of both breeds.

The Musketeers said...

hehe , having a bathe is good Laney (:
It make you feel clean & comfy !

Lots of Loves ,
3 Musketeers

Eduardo said...

My Mommy wants to know if the nail thingy worked good when you let your Mommy use it on you. My Mommy wants to buy one for me she just wants to make sure they are wroth it frist. Yes you do look naked without your collar on, my Mommy says the same thing about me! How often do you have to get your nails cut Laney?
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Eduardo - Yes, the grinder works pretty well. She got it for $20 at Walgreens, so it was worth it. Even if she just uses it to trim once in a while.
My nails grow super fast, so I need them cut at least every couple months. More frequent, right now, just to get them back to a decent length.

Raising Addie said...

eeeew... I don't like to have my nails cut.

Word on the street is I will have a bath and my nails cut tomorrow after I play ad the dog park.

Yuck!
Kisses
Addie

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We are not very keen at having our nails clipped either. Usually we have a few done at time but we still don't like it much.


Our person took some photo's a while back without our collars on, she thought the same, we looked a little naked without them. hehe

Woofs,
Holly & Zac

Lorenza said...

Hi, Laney!
Yes, you look naked without your collar!
My nails are done every month. My vet cuts them so I have to see him very often!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chef said...

I hear a mani makes girldoggies feel so pretty! Only ... you're aleady so pretty, Laney. I love your dreamy light brown eyes! I don't like the drummel for my nails but I tolerate it because I am (sometimes) a good boy! Have a great weekend.

xoxo
Chef

Gizmo said...

I have had my nails ground twice. Both times it was at Petsmart. And, I really made the groomers earn their money. I hopped around on the grooming table, and Dad had to help keep me in one spot while I squirmed around. Heee I think they'll remember me when I come back next time.