The Dog Blog of a Sharp Eagle (Shar Pei / Beagle) Mix

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Scare and a Fun New Website for Dog Lovers


I gave mom a little scare last night. She was sitting on the floor with me, seeing if I wanted to play. When she noticed me moving a few feet away from her. And my mouth was slightly open, but I wasn't panting as I hadn't been running around. She scooted over to me, wondering why my mouth was open. She pushed jently on my jaws, but my mouth wasn't shutting. Then she looked around the floor and noticed one of my chew sticks that had been only about an inch long was missing. (Yes, these things are one of the few things I actually chew on besides pig ears. I'm not sure what they are, but they're yummy.) Usually, I chew them all the way down to my paws, then leave them. But I tried to eat the rest of this one, and it got stuck in my mouth. Mom is so thankful she saw my mouth just a little bit open, otherwise she wouldn't have even known. She pried my mouth open with her hands, which I tried to back away from at first. But I let her open my mouth and take out the inch long stick, which she promptly threw away.. along with a couple other of my treats that I had chewed down to stubs. I ran over to her, wagging my tail, very happy to have that out of my mouth. It was uncomfortable to say the least!
Thanks, Mom!

In other news, Mom stumbled upon a cool new site yesterday while searching for more people with Sharp Eagles (Shar Pei/Beagles) like me. It looks like a fun new community, where you can rate and review breeds, adoption facilities, breeders, groomers, boarding facilities, etc. As well as forums, and a place to upload pictures, videos, stories, and more of your pets or pets that you've had in the past!
They didn't have much on Sharp Eagles, but they were the only Dog Community to even mention us. So Mom gave them a picture of me to use to represent the hybrid! See me over to the right, up at the top to rate my hybrid breed?! Just call me the poster child (or pup) for Sharp Eagles! How cool!
Please check it out, and leave your feedback about the site. It's brand new, and the owner is grateful for any comments or suggestions!
http://www.rightpet.com/
And my page is here: http://www.rightpet.com/ViewProfile/laneys-mom
Be sure to add me as a friend, if you register!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like to scare your mom don't you? Tommy our shar pei does that too. He ate a bag of semisweet chocolate some years ago. Had to give him some hydrogen peroxide to vomit. And once many years ago he came home with a huge slash on this side. Had to go to the ER. But he's 12 now and still jumping baby gates.

Martha Basset said...

Hi Laney
We are glad you are OK! It was good you let your mum help you too cos sometimes it can be scary having something stuck in your mouth!
Thanks for the links to the sites- we will make sure we visit.
lov
Martha & Bailey xx

cj said...

Laney -

That's alway scary for both pooch and owner.

Not that either of you need to be reminded of this but watch those round bones, too. Like the ones in round steak. They can get caught over a dog's teeth and you pretty much have to go to the doctor to get them removed.

cjh

Raising Addie said...

That sounded scary Laney!

I'm glad your mom was close by to help you!

We will have to check out that site.

I bet you are the most beautiful Sharp Eagle around!!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie & Lucie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Laney!
Thankfully your mom noticed something was wrong!
Glad you are ok!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Nibbles Treats said...

Laney, please be careful with those silly rawhides. We love them too and mom is always worried we will choke on them. Thanks for the new site update. We will definitely check it out.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Ruby said...

Hi Laney
That is very scary. I hope you don't have a sore mouth. Mom has had to pull sticks out of my mouth.
I'm glad mom was able to rescue you so quickly.
Thanks for letting me know about the websites.
Love Ruby

Amber said...

Laney, I didn't know you were a Sharp Eagle...I had never even heard of them. Cool! What a scary situation...I am so glad your Mom found you! WOOO! That was a close call. :)

I was reading that first comment about someone giving their dog hydrogen peroxide to make them vomit and I must say you should be extremely careful of this. My friend's MOm gave him hydrogen peroxide for vomiting (according to vet directions) and it actually poisoned him and he almost died. It was very scary! :(

Kisses,
Nala

happy said...

That was scary! Glad you're ok though.

Maggie and Mitch said...

OMG, what a scary thing to have happen, Laney! Thank doG your mom was on top of the situation and you're okay!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch